3. Celebrity Silhouette

Boarding was very quick and easy despite the bus driver dropping us off at the wrong place. The ship doesn't look very attractive from the outside (more like a block of flats) but is much nicer inside.

Crew very welcoming and helpful. Slight delay in getting to our cabins but that's normal on change-over day.

I was worried about our cabin as it was advertised as having a lifeboat partially restricting the view but I was pleased to see it wasn't a problem.

First night show with acrobats was very good. In fact all shows by the ship's singers and dancers were excellent. Guest entertainers were not so good. Each one appeared in 2 different shows. Celebrity believe in getting their money's worth.

Cruise Director, Alejandro, and staff were very good. The Captain even took part in some hilarious evening activities and the officers were very visible on most evenings.

The sail out of Venice was, as always, spectacular and all of the destinations were wonderful. I especially enjoyed sailing into Valletta Grand Harbour and was surprised by the beautiful sail into Kotor. It was like sailing up a fjiord. Split's history and beauty was a real surprise too.

The quality of the food in the restaurant was very good but I would advise going for the second seating as the tours can be long and don't give enough time for getting ready. We would have missed part of the sail out of Venice if we were on early seating.

Wonderful cruise

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by BigLil

• Sail Date: July 2013
  • Destination:
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)

BigLil’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Veranda (partially obstructed view)
Cabin 2C 6159

Cabin 6159 is advertised as having a restricted view due to a lifeboat being directly underneath. This was not a problem as we hardly noticed it at all. Bathroom seemed to be slightly bigger than we are used to. Good hanging space but fewer drawers than normal. Near lift but not noisy in any way.

Continental Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins