3. Carnival Breeze

First cruise on Carnival. Yes, we had heard all the horror stories, but decided the Breeze was probably worth any risk. And it was fine.. no catastrophies on our cruise!

Embarkation was a breeze! Never had a quicker one. We got to the port about 11:30 and moved right along. Got our cabins about 3pm.

Cabins are normal cruise ship size; tho the balcony seemed smaller than normal. The bothrooms seemed just a bit larger than most. The beds were comfy.

I must now tell you that we are somewhat "picky" eaters. We found most of the food choices to be average, at best. Eight days of the exact same food offerings gets old. But.... GUY'S Burger Place was very, very good!! It's right beside the pool area and the burgers are super.

The pool areas are VERY crowded on sea days. Every chair is taken and almost no room in the pools. Never seen a pool that crowded. The pool slides are a good way to cool off, but they also get long lines on sea days.

The nightly entertainment....was lacking. The singers/dancers were good dancers but not so much as singers. We saw one show and didn't go back.

The comedians were good, especially Tommy Drake!! Very good show but also crowded... standing room only!!

The ports of call were ok. At Antigua, we went to Valley Church beach and it was great!! Tortola was a bust... not much to see or do there. Nassau was Nassau...nothing great. You could go to Atlantis, but they still want an arm and a leg and I have been there so didn't need to go back. St. Thomas has a lot of construction in the dock area, but having been there several times, I had seen it anyway.

The casino was good, the dealers were all very nice people. They have $5 tables and we had fun there.

So, the bottom line is that the food was so-so, the entertainment was below average but the ship itself is very nice. All of the employees we met were friendly and helpful. Debarkation was fairly smooth with no real problems.

Like I stated earlier, not the best cruise of my life but not at all terrible!

First Carnival cruise

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by chiefbell

Like I stated earlier, not the best cruise of my life but not at all terrible!

chiefbell’s Full Rating Summary