• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2012
Cabin: Balcony

This was our second cruise (my 4th) but our first day. We got a balcony cabin as usual as it is our rule not to travel without a balcony. Got on board with minimal problem. Food was good. I carried on my computer which I won't do again. Not being able to dump stuff off in the room was a bit cumbersome but understood why. Just didn't like hauling the thing around. First thing... eat!! (gained 10 pounds on this cruise)

There was so much to do on this boat. my husband loved the deli and we ate there often because the food in the dining room was just "ok". Now, the first night, they had a special and we paid extra to eat in the steakhouse! the food was beyond words. After we ate there we went to the cabin to "rest" before going back out but we never made it. Next thing we knew it was morning. The steakhouse was soooo good that we ate there on another night! Something to be said about a 14 oz cheesecake and 16oz cooked to perfection steak!

We did karaoke many nights. We like to sing. my husband auditioned for the Legends show which is a show on one of the nights that included guests. He got to be Garth Brooks. He had to go to rehearsals and everything. He did really really good. The next day he was a celebrity! Shopping on the ship was good.

Balcony

balcony location was great. Nice and quiet for the most part. Was able to see the port pilot all the time.

previous reviewnext review