Like 5 days in Walmart for only 5 hours in Cozumel : Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Jscotttwb
Overall Member Rating
Like 5 days in Walmart for only 5 hours in Cozumel
Destination: Western Caribbean
1. EMBARKATION. at the port of Miami was very smooth and we were able to board the ship much earlier than expected.
2. ROOM. was ready on time and was clean.
3. COZUMEL. excursion "Twister" to Isla Pasion was a lot of fun.
4. COMEDIAN. Jorge Solano. Jorge is actually a former cruise director himself and his comedy act, both the family friendly and adult show, we're great.
1. THE FOOD. All the food was bad. The dining room food was bland, over cooked, clearly frozen and service was slow. The horizon grill on the lido deck was usually better but still less appetizing than a cica 1990s trip to the Golden Corral. The lines were super long and the staff seemed irritated and at times, angry. More
2. THE CRUISE DIRECTOR. Skip....we never actually saw skip in any kind of organic setting. Skip and his super fake disposition made an appearance at the "welcome aboard show" and then again before the adult comedy show. At this juncture he made a disgusting joke about blow jobs and his rejection of the gay lifestyle when it was "his turn." Pretty pathetic. Other than that skip just kept running in a loop on our television, where there should have been a movie playing instead. His debarkation video was especially condescending and fake. I will be having nightmares about skip's voice.
3. THE POOL. Two words .... Human bouillabaisse. I have never seen such a small pool so very crowded. It was gross and we couldn't even bring ourselves to put a toe in the water. My children witnessed two people having sexual relations in the hot tub by the pool around 10pm which seemed to be substantiated by the fact that only that particular hot tub was closed the following morning. Why no one puts a stop to this type of behavior is beyond me.
2. ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS. Our room was clean, However it was SOOOO humid and uncomfortable that it was not the cool, restful haven away from the crowds that a cabin should be.
1. THE SHOWS. "Living in America" and a Fifties themed show that started out with "born to be wild." The female lead was pretty good, albeit generic, but the male lead was aweful! He had no business covering Marvin Gay. Singing louder does not equal singing better. The dancers were victims of cheesy, dated choreography. One of the female dancers was clearly a transsexual and stuck out like a sore thumb. It was just plain awkward as he was overcompensating with exaggerated style that didn't blend with the other female dancers. The pyrotechnics were silly and added nothing but an unwelcomed scare to older passengers. I have seen better shows in high schools. Having said that however, the band was good despite the sophomoric singing and dancing.
We will not be cruising again with carnival. Unfortunately the bad far out weighs the good and as a result, the type of passengers the the cruise line attracts are not who we would otherwise choose to spend our free time with. Less
Port and Shore Excursions
Unfortunately there is not enough time in the port of key west to experience much other than touristy shopping destinations. If you didn't return to the ship by around noon you were trapped standing in a line to reboard that extended all the way to the end of the pier.
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Imagination Review >>
Carnival is not my favorite cr...
Big Ship, Big Fun
Fun for my whole family
Another great cruise with Carn...
Imagination Cruise - June 2017
Great first cruise