3. Rhapsody of the Seas

Just returned from a 7 night Alaska cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas. The cruise was great. My wife and I have cruised on Royal Caribbean seven times and this by far was our favorite cruise. The weather was fantastic. Seven days of sunshine with temperatures in the 70's.

The crew of the Rhapsody were excellent. Our stateroom attendant made sure that our stateroom was clean and was always asking was there anything else he could do for us. We had my time dining (the food was very good) and our wait staff was great. They madesure we had plenty (sometimes more than enough) food.

On the sea days the cruise staff (Graham was the cruise director) made sure there were plenty of activities for the guest to participate in.

In Juneau we did the whale watching and wild life excurison. Well worth the money. We saw seven diffent humpback whales (some as close as 10 feet from the boat) and plenty of eagles and other marine life.

In Skagway, we rode the White pass and yukon gold railway to the top and took a motorcoach down, stopping at the sled dog and puppy tour. Great views of the Alaska Wilderness and some great information on what goes into a sled dog opration. They even put one of the puppies in your arms. (Made me want to take one home).

In Victoria British Columbia, we did the Butchart Gardens and Craigdarroch castle. The Gardens were beautiful, color everywhere. They were very crowded, sometimes made it hard to get around and people walking into your picture shot. The castle had an interesting story behind it. The exterior and interior are very well kept and you get to see how how the wealthy lived in the 1800's. Lot of up and down stairs though.

Overall a very relaxing and enjoyable cruise.

Alaska July 2013

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by Bschild1691

• Sail Date: July 2013
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

Overall a very relaxing and enjoyable cruise.

Bschild1691’s Full Rating Summary