3. Norwegian Dawn

Back from a great week on the Dawn. This was my sixth trip on NCL. First off let me say if you don't have a good time on a cruise it's time to reassess your priorities. NCL Boston to Bermuda is "public transportation" not first class. Food was great, shows were good and the staff was overwhelmed. Very few smiles and greetings ( but then again I'm from Boston so I'm used to that). The first night in the main dining room was a nightmare for the simple fact that people failed to make reservations. You really can't expect to walk in with a family of 19 and then complain when you do not get seated right away. With all the information that is available there really is no excuse.

This is a family reunion type cruise with a fare share of large family groups. Children, children, children. Unruly little urchins with no limits take over the pool on sea days and appear to do whatever they want. Jump, dive, scream. Total lack of adult supervision or rule enforcement by the staff. Once again what you would expect on a bus at rush hour.

There are just two of us, and we know what to expect. We go all the way to the bow of the ship, an area that is mostly ignored, free from tykes and blaring music . We have seen all of Bermuda, and we are returning in September to stay at the Reefs for a week. So we did not feel the need to tour, we did take one excursion to snorkel and one day we spent a few hours at Snorkel Beach which was well worth the cost of admission.

Still love NCL but maybe time for another HAL cruise.

NCL Dawn Bermuda

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Real_Raven

• Sail Date: July 2013
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Still love NCL but maybe time for another HAL cruise.

Real_Raven’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin BC 9568

Great Balcony, quiet, good storage.

Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins