• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Review for Carnival Legend to the Baltic Sea
cruise4u2
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2013
Cabin: Balcony (obstructed views)

Where do I begin? We were all set to don our lifevests as a joke for the first dinner. We were so hesitant to book Carnival after all the bad press and horror stories lately. This turned out to be our favourite cruise ever.

The food was great. The service in the dining room was great. We had three servers dedicated just to us. They were fast, friendly and attended to my GF meals with no problems. The food on the buffet line was wonderful and the most choices. Sorry but salad and jello were the only things gluten free unless you asked the chef and he would make whatever you want. I would have liked to have some GF dessert choices and more dishes labelled GF. My twenty something children loved it and have no dietary restrictions.

Formal nights. This is no booze cruise to the Bahamas folks. I was led astray by CC saying we would not need a tux. There was a sea of tuxedos and wonderful dresses on both formal nights. We felt so out of place. We like to dress up. I am sure other people just went to anytime dining upstairs or the buffet.

Balcony (obstructed views)

Cabin 7A

5182 is an obstructed balcony stateroom. We could see the water from our beds; it is hardly obstructed by lifeboats. We could sit in our chairs on the balcony and see everything. The third bed is a sofa. It was too hard and they gave us a real mattress on top. The shower is big, small lip to step over. Hand held shower massage, great pressure, settings worked. Room for a shower chair. Three closets and plenty of storage in the bedroom and bath. Room darkening curtains work! Best lighting of any ship. If you want it bright it has surround ceiling lights!

Port Reviews

Dover

We paid a taxi driver to take us around and was amazed by his knowledge of the area rich in history. The white cliffs of Dover were majestic.

Copenhagen

Amazing clean city. We took a walking tour and a friend met us and we saw all the sights. The little mermaid is much smaller in real life. Gorgeous architecture and canals. Very pretty. Great shopping.

Rostock (Warnemunde)

Many people took excursions to Berlin but Warnemunde was having a festival by the sea and we are so glad we chose to stay. It has the largest beach I have ever seen. The carnival style boardwalk was fun in the sun. Music, cobblestone streets, nice restaurants and pubs, shopping was touristy. Lovely little town.

Helsinki

Sorry the dirty industrial city scape was not my cup of tea. I did not like this city and wish we had gone to Belgium or Sweden instead. The train station was beautiful right in the middle of Market Square and we took the train to nowhere special and brought it back into town. The trams were a short walk from the ship and it is easy and cheap to use transportation. Free internet albeit slow is available at the mall walking distance to where we docked.

Tallinn

Beautiful old town transports you back to the 13 or 1400's. This is not so easy with the cobblestone hilly unforgiving streets. If you can hobble through this it is worth it because the buildings and castle keep were oh so beautiful. Shrek lives here and you get the chance to have a photo in the middle of town with him and Donkey. What fun. This was an easy walk from the ship but the old town is not very accessible. We saw some scooters and people being pushed in wheelchairs but this is definitely an endurance port. We needed a sea day to recover.

previous reviewnext review