3. Marella Spirit
So disappointed on this trip, we were visiting 7 countries I had never been to before knowing the scenery and the cities would be fantastic I was excited then it all fell to bits. the ports of call we were supposed to make never happened instead of sailing into the heart of the cities we were docked in the industrial port areas and 6 times out of 7 we had to pay for transfer buses or thomsons laid on a shuttle service to take us to the city centres only to find all the other cruise lines had berthed in the perfect location. Many complained of this and we were told that because we were a smaller ship we had to give way to the larger ships, the crew told us thomsons wouldn't pay the docking fees. This aside the trip was great although the Baltic is well named as it is Baltic so take a jacket lol. The Spirit is a bit dated and a bit small but as clean as can possibly be. the staff are brilliant in all areas. I had a cabin on deck 4 it was not as described when I booked it, I was told it was spacious it was in fact tiny, we only slept in it but in even a slight sea swell made this impossible as the ship rocked so much and you had to hold on to stop you falling out the smallest of single beds also you had to endeavour the constant droning and vibration of the ships engines 24/7.Lets go through the excursions :- 1. Oslo - well worth the visit and organised trips worth the money and the only city the ship docked in 2. Gothenburg - nice place but you could make your own way around 3. Stockholm - Stunning place we paid for a trip to Vasa museum but you can pay as you go 4.St Petersburg - Organised trip a must lots to see 5. Helsinki - beautiful make you own way very small but a must see 6. Tallinn - Fantastic place make your own way here 7. Warnemunde - This was supposed to be for Berlin we berthed 15km away 6 hour bus trip to Berlin and back 12 hour day no thanks. Ship laid on shuttle bus to warnemunde Great little town beautiful beaches and harbour 8. Kalundborg - For Copenhagen 1 1/2 hour bus trip but nice place but as with Sweden and Norway Denmark is very very expensive We had 4 days at sea on this cruise and unfortunately the Spirit is not big enough to keep you entertained for it all Ok enough of the downside the good bits were the food was excellent, staff cant do enough for you and the nightly entertainment was 2nd to none. Hope this helps you overall it was a good holiday but I wont be back on the Spirit or its sister ship the Celebration as they are too small. I'll give you a tip there is only 3 places to eat, the lido which is buffet style, the sirocco restaurant which you pay for and the compass rose restaurant which is great, the tip is slip your waiter a tip and he will keep you the same table every night and let you in the back door of the dining room and thus avoid huge queues well worth it :-) but all 3 are excellent Raffles bar and High spirits bar have great staff too. Hope you all have a great trip

Best of the Baltic 29/06/13

Marella Spirit Cruise Review by Johnf1957

2. Gothenburg - nice place but you could make your own way around

4.St Petersburg - Organised trip a must lots to see

5. Helsinki - beautiful make you own way very small but a must see

6. Tallinn - Fantastic place make your own way here

Berlin and back 12 hour day no thanks. Ship laid on shuttle bus to warnemunde

Great little town beautiful beaches and harbour

Denmark is very very expensive

Johnf1957’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Marella Spirit price drops

spotless, excellent stewards but too small
  Marella Spirit Deck Plans