3. Explorer of the Seas

I've sailed out of Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and Galveston. This port, Cape Liberty in New Jersey, was the worst I've experienced. The wait was long to be dropped off. The check in process (controlled by Royal Caribbean), was easy and fast. Then you had to get on a shuttle to get to the ship.

Once on the ship, it was a wonderful cruise! The ship is a Voyager class ship. The stateroom was clean, and had plenty of storage for all our clothes and luggage.

The employees on this ship were the best I've experienced. Without exception, they were friendly, approachable and fun! They went out of their way to help. The captain was very visible and participated in more activities than any other captain. He was very friendly and willing to stop and talk with anyone.

Bermuda is beautiful! Much cleaner and very different from the Caribbean ports I've visited. We didn't do any excursions through the cruise line. We had no problems exploring on our own. We enjoyed the Hartley's Helmet Dive that we set up just a few days before the cruise.

This was the first time we've done My Time Dining. I'd been worried that the service would be lacking, but it was better than some we've had in the regular dining rooms. It was easy to change the time of our reservation, and easy to change the number of people who would be attending dinner.

Debarking was the worst part of the cruise. On our last cruise, our Platinum status got us off quickly. Not this one. The special debarkation lounge was for Emerald and above only. We had to wait in long lines to catch the shuttle back to the port. Fortunately, Customs was fast.

Overall, good cruise.

Overall, good cruise.

brysk5’s Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E1 9648

When travelling to Bermuda: this room has a balcony that faces New York. You can get great pictures of the statue of liberty in front of the New York skyline. It also faces the port in Bermuda. We enjoyed watching the ship dock and leave from our balcony. Quiet location.

Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• King's Wharf

As soon as you get off, you can buy one and two day transportation passes that are good for both bus and ferry. Then, immediately head to the ferry. You can get any where you want to go on either the ferry or the bus. The port itself has quite a few shops and restaurants, if you don't want to stray too far from the ship. Do explore Bermuda. The Kings Wharf port is not nearly as pretty as the rest of the country, and it is easy to move around. The people are very friendly and willing to help if you need it.

View All 764 King's Wharf Cruise Port Reviews