3. Celebrity Century

Despite internet comments that the Century is "too old, too small, needs a refurbishment, short on amenities, etc.", we thoroughly enjoyed her. True, she lacks rock climbing walls, bowling alleys, water slides, or any other of the vast array of supercilious "enhancements" of modern cruise ships, but she has an elegant class about her. I would describe her as a reminder of what passenger ships were like in a more restrained era, before they became floating theme parks.

Very impressed with the food, even in the buffet. Flavorful and well-presented.

Particularly enjoyed breakfast in the buffet, with American and English as well as Asian sections, with cooked-to-order omelets and fried eggs at one end and poached and Eggs Benedict at the other. The Belgian waffle/pancake/blintz stand becomes the Pizzeria @ noon.

Also, a word about Canada Place Cruise Terminal: We drove from southern Washington and arrived @ CPCT about 11am, when Celebrity begins boarding. We had prepaid parking and had no issues with VinciPark. I took my e-receipt to the Vinci office where a polite lady crossed my name off the list and gave me a yellow ticket to leave on the dashboard. She said any spot not marked "Reserved" was o.k. and pointed out the elevators to the terminal. A few minutes later, we had checked our bags and were in line to clear customs and board. Less than 30 minutes later we were aboard.

We utilized Celebrity's "walk-off" program @ debarkation. The published arrival time is 7:30am. We were driving out of Canada Place @ 7:55am. No sweat.

Duke Ellington expressed it best:

Celebrity Century Cruise Review by Sourdough62

• Sail Date: June 2013
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

Very impressed with the food, even in the buffet. Flavorful and well-presented.

Sourdough62’s Full Rating Summary

Inside Stateroom
Cabin 12 1227

Small, but quiet. The Sports Deck is only about 1/3 the length of the other
residential decks, so fewer people, less crowding/congestion. Just out the door and around the corner to elevators, or 1 deck down to the heart of the Islands
Cafe (buffet). Nice, especially for breakfast. Only minor negative was a lack
of hot water a couple of times...Must have been having trouble with one of the water heaters. Small matter that did not ruin a wonderful cruise...

Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins