3. Carnival Breeze

I booked this cruise because a friend asked me to. I wasn't too excited about Carnival because I had heard so many mixed reviews. I was pleasantly surprised.

Room: Spa room was very nice and I did use the spa EVERY day. Balcony small but serviceable. Closets small for much more than a 7 day cruise. Spa was much larger and more offerings than other ships I have been on. Room was very clean; no problems with anything mechanical. Steward very pleasant.

Food: Nothing outstanding except the melted chocolate cake. Pizza was extremely disappointing--had it one time only. Never felt like standing in line long enough for the BBQ. Not truly food but loved the library with the self-serve wine and quiet.

Entertainment: Totally disappointed in the Diva show. Motown was good but nothing great. Very good special effects though. Ventriloquist was fantastic.

Embarkation: The process was the best I have ever had. The people at the initial desk were so nice and welcoming; very easy directions to get on to the ship and how to find the room. A bit lost after that until I figured my way around the ship.

Children: Awful. I have never seen so many unsupervised rude young kids running (literally) everywhere. One knocked into me coming around a corner and my husband yelled "stop." Two crew members thanked him. BTW no problem with the teenagers--just younger ones. I have been on ships where the captain will make an announcement and there is enforcement. There was nothing here.

Hand washing: Extremely disappointed. Maybe 10% of the people utilized the Purell stands at the food stations. This definitely needs to be pushed.

Staff: Superb at every level. Everyone acted like they really were happy to have us there. People who went out of their way: Valeria at the Future Cruise desk; Oral who was a great bartender at the lobby bar, Patrick as a head server in the restaurant.

Recreation: In desperate need of more pools/larger pools and an adult only pool. Sanctuary nice but too hot and no way to cool down without going inside.

Laundromat service: Like the fact that you can charge to your card instead of having to have coins.

First-timer with Carnival

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by vlscruiser

vlscruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

11226: Great location. We were upgraded to this and weren't sure what we would get. Other than children running up and down the halls the location was good. Toward the front of the ship but not so close that the balcony couldn't be used (wind). Liked the spa supplies rather than generic. Bed VERY comfortable. Plenty of room in the bathroom.

Carnival Breeze Deck Plans