3. Carnival Legend

The ship itself was very nice, a bit on the opulent (like Vegas) style which I thought was very nice but some thought was a little "over the top". Despite some of pre-cruise issues with propulsion system it ran flawlessly and we went through some very high winds (peaking >60mph)for couple of days but ship was amazingly stable. Almost no sense of movement at the worst of it. Ship was clean. Wait staff in main dining room was not very professional generally but there also many that were just delightful and overall we enjoyed these dinners. Our cabin steward was a delight and a wizard with towels for our nightly amusement.

The negatives were a noticeably lower quality of night time entertainment, just average food most of the time and very little to choose from in off hours dining. No sushi in open dining at all and only offered one time that I ever saw.

Absolutely the worst regular TV, movies and video I've ever had on a ship. This was my first transatlantic (in a cruise ship)so maybe that is common but I got more news while crossing in my own sailboat. Other cons were that communications while on board were quite limited so it was not always easy to know what was going on.

Overall we considered it a great value and a wonderful relaxing way to cross the ocean. Beats the hell out of flying and was only a little more expensive!

Carnival LEGENDS exceeded expectations as a Ship

Mountain Salt’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 6208

Suite 6208: perfectly adequate balcony room. Uninterrupted view and quiet room and pleasant in the roughest of sea conditions.

Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins