3. Rhapsody of the Seas

Upgrade fairy paid us a visit 2 days before our cruise! Was great got a Junior Suite 8086. Reviews I have read say there is a blocked view on the balcony. I was so worried about it I almost didn't accept the upgrade. Boy am I glad we took it! There was nothing blocking the view!!! New carpet, new furniture. Bed was really comfortable. Arthur our room steward was fantastic. My husband is allergic to down/feathers. he immediately changed the cover & pillows in the cabin. I don't understand people complaining about the round mattress at the foot of the bed. My husband is almost 6'3" and his feet didn't hang over the end.

Got room service every morning as our wake up call. Came on time every single day, and was exactly what we ordered.

Ate in Windjammer for breakfast & lunch most days. Food was pretty good. Ate at odd times so wasn't very crowded. Also tried Park café in solarium, was not impressed. Much better on Oasis. Ate every night in MDR. 1st night was seated with family of 8 and it was very obvious they didn't want us at "their" table. People from Kansas you were VERY rude to us. We went to maître d and he switched us to a table with another couple. Had a nice dinner with them every night.

Whale watching in Juneau booked thru RCL was fantastic. Saw a pod of 5 orcas and 16 humpbacks. Came so close to our boat you could hear them breathing! Have been on train in Skagway twice, wanted something else to do, so went to glass blowing & Jewel gardens. Glass blowing was great.

Saw most shows. Juggler was really lame. Played trivia in Schooner bar, had fun every time.

Embarkation and debarkation were fast. Will definitely sail on RCL again.

7 TIME CRUISERS LOVE ALASKA

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by drumming cruisers

• Sail Date: June 2013
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

Embarkation and debarkation were fast. Will definitely sail on RCL again.

drumming cruisers’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Junior Suite
Cabin JS 8086

Cabin was fantastic, new carpet, new furniture.Some reviews say balcony view is blocked. There is nothing blocking the view. We had breakfast on our balcony at the glacier and it was fantastic.

Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins