Scenery on land tour amazing. Not as impressed with other services. Was fantastic making friends on land that carried onto ship. Embarkation: we arrived around 3:30 after Kenai Fjords boat tour. No wait and quickly arrived in our cabin. We had reserved a cabin on main floor and upgraded to a balcony on 6th deck a couple of weeks before departure. Our cabin was great. Stewart Jo-Jo was great. Fresh fruit when requested, c and clean towels. Plenty of storage, enjoyed the robes. Also enjoyed the lap blankets on the balcony. We used our port balcony most days, especially when cruising Glacier Bay. My husband spotted orca whales one morning. Food: we ate most of our meals in the Rotterdam main dining room. The food and service were great. Our evening waitor, Toby, remembered our drink preferences. We tried the Lido once for lunch and again once for dinner. Lunch I didn't find much that appealed. For dinner, I requested the salmon and had to return in ten minutes. It was fresh, hot and good, but the rest of te table was on to dessert. We ordered room service for breakfast two times. It always arrived within the requested time, was hot and fresh. Entertainment: we went to two shows in the main theatre. Northern Lights was good, bit only 35 minutes. We also went to the crews' show which was entertaining. I caught some cooking demos which I enjoyed. I also did one craft (wished they had had more craft demos.) we enjoyed the piano bar with David most evenings, also liked music in Ocean Bar. Ports: we did nature hike in Haines. Only highlight was seeing a moose with her calf. We could have done the hike on park trail and gone slower so we could have looked around. In Juneau we did the native canoe to the face of Mendellhall Glacier. We had fun, but wished we had gone whale watching with friends. My husband went up the Mt. Roberts tramway. He wanted to hike once there, but trails were closed due to snow. In Ketchikan we went zip-lining. We didn't see any bears, but the scenery was pretty. It was a rainy day, but we didn't notice it in the treetops. It was definitely a fun experience. Disembarkation: we were late getting docked, but once it was started, everything went smoothly. We watched from our balcony until it was our turn. Only downer of cruise was "scenic cruising of inside passage." We had a day at sea, followed by sailing inside passage at night. Unable to see anything in the dark!

Alaska land and sea

Rates
Get Holland America Zaandam price drops

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin AA
We were in cabin 6182, I would request 6180 if I cruise the Zaandam again so I could sit on the sofa and face forward as the ship sails. Great location between elevators and stairways.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins