3. Radiance of the Seas

Radiance cruise Fremantle to Sydney via NZ, March 2013. I am female 64 Australian. Love cruises, love travelling. Chose Radiance cruise for a change to Princess.

The Good - Balcony cabin and quite good cabin steward. Telephone shower. Good interesting Australian and English people at dinner table. Salad bar in main dining room at lunchtime so I did not have to brave the buffet for a nice salad lunch. Real mini-golf course - small but you have to play with the sway. The Casino was excellent - mainly played black jack and there were enough knowledgeable players to make a good game most evenings. Dealers knew their stuff. Poker machines for different nationalities!!

The Bad - the only thing I have to compare is Dawn Princess and Sun Princess. Ship info morning program on TV not much fun. Food in dining room and specialty restaurants were described in Americanese - you soon learn the hard way what we Australians would call it (or not eat it that way). Staff trying to describe it seem to get frustrated with Australians. Staff in general areas did not seem very happy.

The Ugly - people who do not show respect for you. This was a cruise that had come from the US so there was quite a mix of nationalities. The only real communication I had with Americans was randomly at lunch in the main dining room. They did not really make an effort to chat and I got the feeling they looked down on me. In the buffet, if you were looking and trying to figure out what something was, I was gently but firmly moved aside. They are very ready to give an opinion but if you say something to the contrary, drop dead.

An Australian on a Radiance Aust to NZ cruise

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Zeldab

Zeldab’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E2

Cabin had enough storage space, balcony and furniture were good.

Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins