3. Celebrity Solstice

After nearly a year of anticipating a lovely, elegant cruise on the Celebrity Solstice, I find myself disappointed in the experience. The ship was nice, the food was good, the staff was friendly. The onboard amenities and entertainment did not live up to my expectations. All of the presenters must have been told to amp up their energy levels, because each of them over-performed almost to the point of being ridiculous. There were only 5 or 6 shows/lectures that were worthwhile, and the rest of the time there was little of interest to do on the ship. The ports revealed spectacular beauty, but the shore excursions were another disappointment. In two cases we had tour guides who had lived in the region only 2-3 months. Another trip had information that was read to us by a college freshman. For the price of these tours, and also because the tours promise expert narration, I didn't feel that the tours were worth the prices charged.

Will I cruise again? Probably. But not on Celebrity.

Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by MusicTeacher22

• Sail Date: May 2013
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: AquaClass

Will I cruise again? Probably. But not on Celebrity.

MusicTeacher22’s Full Rating Summary