3. Adventure of the Seas
What a great vacation. We went for the first time in this cruise the week of september 24 to october 1st 2006. We are a couple in our 30's, with two little girls of 5 and 7 years old. Cabin Our cabin was #6358 a balcony one, it have a bed, a sofa-bed for the girls and the beautiful view from the balcony. The check in process runs smoothly! For Kids Parents For those parents reading this review, I would like to tell you that the kids adventure program is great. Our kids love it, and stay there when we visit the different ports (because they want to avoid to walk and to sweat), and in the night too. There are one spanish talking (bilingual) person for each group, which makes our girls to feel comfortable. The one thing our girl doesn't like is that the pools are of salted water...so that keep the girls far from them...and that's really unfortunate because the water slide is really fun. They have a different activity every night and the one our girls really enjoy was the Pirate Night, where the adventure ocean staff members make-up them like pirates, and each kids paint their own pirate bandana, and then went to the theater, the main restaurant, etc...and take a nice picture so you can buy a memory of your little pirate. Ah! almost forgot they enjoy to "skate" in the ice rink (one day they have two hours exclusive for families with kids to skate). My oldest daughter (the one with 7 years old) do the rock climbing and ring the bell! Restaurants We have breakfast and lunch in the buffet "Windjammer"...the breakfast is the same every day: fruits, cold and hot cereals, omelettes, breads, etc...but in the lunch you can find a little (something) different every day. One day we have breakfast and lunch in the main restaurant and have a great experience. All nights we went to dinner in the main restaurant where we share the table with another Puerto Rican family and a couple of the United States. The waiter and his assistant were great, so friendly. The food is delicious, something for every taste! Shows Well I only see the Cool Art - Hot Ice show, which is beautiful! My husband and daughter went to see the Gaucho Show and they really have fun. Ports As this is our 4th cruise in the same route, and we are travelling in a tight budget we do not visit all the islands again. So in Aruba we only go down to buy some gouda cheese; in the St. Maarten we went to Orient Beach to make parasailing in couple...my husband and I have a really good time. In Curazao we went to the Curacao Sea Aquarium, a little but beautiful place...where you can see different feeding shows during which visitors can touch and learn about the animals. Apart from the feeding shows, the park also offers training demonstrations (shows) with its sea lions and the dolphins. A great experience. Overall, the cruise is beautiful, the service is great, the food is delicious. If you like to know something else, please write me to ralip28@aol.com...have a nice cruise!

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean