3. Allure of the Seas

My wife and I have taken at least one and most years two cruises. Other then Asia we have done most others. This past week after months of planning we took The Allure with our son and daughter their spouses and a 19,16,9,5 year old grandchildren. Since we live 40 miles from the Ft. Lauderdale Seaport it is something we have done many times before. We knew that the best place to park is the Park-N-go which gives excellent service and charges under $50 to park all week. That is where the fun ended.

In the 18 months since I last sailed with RCCL I was shocked to see the vast changes. As a Diamond rated guest I could not believe the nickel and dimming that this Company has fallen to. The best example and that is all it is, was that little piece of Candy the appears on your pillow each night, was no longer. They claim that by eliminating this practice RCCL saves $3 Million each year. No toiletries in bathrooms. No Ice . smaller staterooms.Not even a pen or paper on the desk. A Casino in which smoking was allowed to the detriment of most guests. 6202 passengers and 2000 crew was just to many to often each day.

We have always enjoyed Cruise ships but after this week we have added RCCL to Carnival as ships we will never use again.

Celebrity Cruises is the best all around in this price level.

TOO BIG TOO BAD

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Emilio9695

• Sail Date: June 2013
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Outside View Stateroom with Large Balcony

Celebrity Cruises is the best all around in this price level.

Emilio9695’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 16+

Superior Outside View Stateroom with Large Balcony
Cabin D1 12202

Smaller then others in like category . Bathroom and shower very tight
No ice.