3. Celebrity Summit
Bio: 54 married female, retired and I cruise two or three times a year for the last 10 years. I was very disappointed with this cruise. I had many issues but I will only cover a few. Embarkation was disorganized. The line for elite and select guests was moving slower than regular lines since the persons advancing people to the check in desk was just letting anyone go ahead. Very confusing. The Summit is need of a major dry dock visit. Our cabin carpet had major stains on it and was dirty. The cloth sofa also had stains on it. The sheets and pillow cases were worn (thin with tears)and the pillows were thin foam. After complaining at guest relations, our steward took the cushions from the sofa out and had them cleaned but the stains were still there. We were given some feather pillows which were much better. The feather pillows are normally only for higher category cabins. I paid $6,300 for two persons in a FV cabin. I booked 30 days out and this was the only balcony cabin available. We meet a couple who were in a suite with a butler for two persons with much better accommodations and I think that they paid $4,300.000 but they booked early. I realize that FV is a family view cabin with families with children staying in it but Celebrity should take this into consideration and give it extra attention with upkeep. I had asked in advanced for for extra padding be placed on the bed which made it comfortable. The room was quite. We did not feel much movement. The balcony is hugh with great views aft and to the side but again the cushions on the chaise lounges were very worn and stained. Our cabin steward Sandy was great but again he can only work with what Celebrity provides for him. My biggest disappoint was dining choices and the food. Unless you want to make reservations, pay $30.00 per person additional money, order room service or eat pasta very night the only choice that you have for dinner dining is greeting dressed and eating in the formal dining room. There is only a pasta bar with salad at night where the buffet is during the day. The alternate dining on this deck is with reservations only with at limited menu and $4.00 per person tip. There was never a posted menu for the alternate dining at night on the lido deck. I was told that you would have a choice of a chicken, fish or meat dish with salad but you never had a menu to look at. The dining room had one posted in front of the dining room. I have been on cruises where the menu was posted on the TV so you did not have to go to the dining room to read it. We got tired of getting dressed every night to go eat in the formal dining room where the food did not meet my expectations for a Celebrity cruise. I have had better food on the Carnival Conquest. Again the dining room chairs and very worn and strained. The dining room staff was great. I will be a long time before I select Celebrity for a cruise. I might try on of their new ships when it comes out. Dining choices would have to be better. The only saving grace for this 14 day cruise was the service from the staff. Celebrity beats others cruise lines hands down in this department. Guest services was the only disappoint in the service area. Cabin steward and dining staff were excellent.

Summit - Hawaii