• Newsletter

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Oct 2006
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Oct 1-8,2006

Hotel: The night before we boarded we stayed at the Radisson Resort. FYI they provide free shuttle service to the ship. You can also leave your car in their lot for the week. That was a nice perk and saved us 10-12 dollars a day to park at the port it was like staying there for almost nothing. Many hotels around the port offer this service. Some hotels charge a fee for the shuttle but Raddison did not. Another note you DO NOT have to get their 149.00 park and stay package (which includes breakfast) No matter how you book your room (I found a great internet rate for 109.00) afterwards call the Raddison at the port directly and they will put you on the list for shuttle service. I actually booked our shuttle way in advance (2 months) and was able to get the earliest shuttle out at 11:30am.

The hotel is nice and clean. When I booked our special rate over the internet it would only book my husband and I for a double room, not a king. When I called the Radisson, a woman told me that in order to get a king I would have to pay 20.00 more. I decided that one night in two beds wasn't that big of a deal. But when we arrived they were more than happy to switch us to a king room for no charge. They were also very accommodating when I specified a quiet room. They put us away from the pool, not facing the parking lot with a nice quiet view of the tennis court. The bed was a select comfort brand it was pretty neat but it really felt like I was sleeping on a fancy air mattress. I still have no idea what my sleep number is LOL.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony