Sun Princess Cruise Review

Sun Princess is looking her age.

Sun Princess Cruise Review by storm0429

• Sail Date: Apr 2013
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Having sailed on the Sea Princess just 18 months ago, I was assured that the "sister ships" were identical. Sadly this did not prove to be the case.Princess would be better served spending a little less money on their new super ships, and spend a little more on making the Sun Princess more passenger friendly.Maybe we were just unlucky with our cabin, which had a few problems. My major disappointment was the time it took to resolve the problems.This was a repositioning cruise to Yokohama, but I felt that there could have been a stop between Sydney & Darwin. Six days at sea was a bit of a stretch at the start of the cruise.The staff, as always were great, but the process of getting passengers off the ship for shore excursions, particularly by tender, needs a bit of work.The loss of power while we were at anchor off Benoa was a major concern, and I really felt that there was a general lack of communication within the ship most of the time.Having said that, I'll be back, but probably not on the Sun Princess.

storm0429's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BB A502

Cabin A502 is directly across from the swimming pool machinery. On the 2nd day of the cruise we could hear continual banging coming the machinery room. Despite repeated reporting of the problem, nothing was done until day 16 of the cruise. This noise started at 5.30am EVERY morning, and continued all day until 11pm EVERY night.I also found that the noise from the putting out and putting away of the deck chairs on Deck 12, (early morning & late at night) was pretty annoying.

Osaka

It was raining, and I was still getting over the flu, so we visited the Aquarium which is right beside where the ship docked.It was really great. Lot's to see and very well done.

storm0429