3. Celebrity Reflection

When I heard that Celebrity Cruises ordered a fifth ship at the Meyer Werft, I immediately decided to book for the first cruise of this ship. So we booked already before the first cut of steel.Thanks to the web cam and the regular update of photo's, I have now my own album of the whole construction process.
And when this beauty was floated out, we were there for a week, anxious whether the deadlines in the construction would be respected.
And when we arrived in Amsterdam to board for he inaugural cruise, we were full of expectations. But we were overwhelmed by the descent luxe this ship shows.
For the first time we had booked a balcony cabin, but unfortunately we couldn't use it often due to the bad weather.
With our second cruise we sailed to Miami on the transatlantic.
And now we sailed in the Mediterranean in a discovering cruise to the roots of our culture.
If you do 3 cruises in a short time with the same ship, you will have the same menus. But every time we managed to discover different plates.
And if I compare with MSC, the chose for breakfast, lunch and dinner is more varied with Celebrity.
Another surprising fact was that a lot of crew-members started a new term and that some of them spontaneously came over to us to greet us.
During these three cruises on the Reflection we had never something to complain about.
We tried different beverage packages during these cruises and we never felt to be treated in a neglecting way at any bar or the MDR.
We tried this time Bistro on Five, one word delicious.

Cruising on a brand new ship, the Reflection

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by walter54

• Sail Date: May 2013
  • Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah (partially obstructed view)

With our second cruise we sailed to Miami on the transatlantic.
We tried this time Bistro on Five, one word delicious.

walter54’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah (partially obstructed view)
Cabin 2C 6255

Storage above the beds is not convenient for short people.
On deck 5 aft port side is the smokers corner situated. On the upper decks you can sometimes smell the odour of cigarettes when you are out on the balcony. But we will not deprive the smokers their last corner on the ship.

Continental Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins