3. Norwegian Epic
We arrived at Barcelona and checked in and got on the ship in about an hour after arriving. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Our bags were taken to our room by half 3 and we had a good wander. We started with lunch in O'Sheehans which was quick and quiet. I found I got stressed waiting for the safety drill, but in reality it was really easy and well organised and it didn't matter that we didn't know what to do because the people that mattered did! My husband got a soda card, I didn't, and he got his moneys worth! There wasn't any issue with only one of us having a card as I had previously read. We only ate in the free restaurants; mainly O'Sheehans for lunch, and Manhattans/Taste for dinner. Garden buffet was good but got really busy. Outdoor grill and snacks in the afternoon was also good. Free tea, coffee, water, fruit punch, iced tea, available from virtually everywhere all the time. Had no issues with smoke in the casino or balcony - and being an ex-smoker I can smell it a mile away! :) Enjoyed Legends (Adele, Tina Turner and Tom Jones), Howl at the Moon, TheBeatles, Fabba, Bliss. Totally didn't enjoy Blue Men - do not get why people rave about it, didn't think it was funny, and I'm normally easily amused! Did independent company tours in Naples (Pompeii) and Florence. Used the shuttle in Marseille (good value compared to taxi price). Dont bother with Rome, it was too far and too much to try and see in a day. Don't use the shuttle in Palma - the public bus is 2e and is right outside the ship. Take a taxi from the Cathedral to Castle Bellver then walk back to the ship via Porto Pi shopping centre. Overall excellent ship, excellent staff, wonderful food and good choice. Brilliant room (ours had a bath too) with good free films and a good selection of paid for films. Quite a young crowd too so quite lively, but not over the top. Loads to do, you need two weeks to come close to doing half the stuff on board and the ports.

First Timer, Epic holiday!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Cloudyrain

Cloudyrain’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 12074
Brilliant room with a bath and bed near the balcony which works well. The balcony was a good size, but looked out on to life boats - though that didn't bother me I know some people moan! Near the forward lifts but no noise at all and really easy to get to your room. I'm a light sleeper but didn't notice any noise from neighbours or corridors.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins