• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

rhy930
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Apr 2013
Cabin: Balcony

I cruised from FLL to Europe April 28 to May 12 in Rome. Ship very attractive. Crew pleasant. Food very disappointing. I love escargot and look forward to it when I cruise. The Ruby served it once and then with the other "fancy food", Lobster, Filet, etc. I hate when they only serve those foods together. Most of the food uninspiring to me. Service good. I traveled with my brother and a friend. We were a table for 3 which didn't seem to be a problem. Since I paid double for a single room, I could have had a better trip.

We ate in the italian specialty dining room one night and that was well worth the cost. Breakfast was bland, pre cooked eggs, good bacon and once I found cheese and smoked salmon I was fine. Fruit in buffet was good as was the service.

I had a handicapped cabin, which was excellent. I traveled on my mobility scooter and the room was very spacious.

Balcony

Cabin BC

Great cabin, of course, I was alone in an accessible cabin. Tons of space, Closet big enough for 2. I didn't use an entire chest of drawers. Bathroom excellent.

Port Reviews

Gibraltar

Know if you are disabled, there isn't any vehicle on Gibralter that will carry a scooter.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

Went to the airport and back home. No time to see Rome this trip. Disembarking very smooth.

previous reviewnext review