• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Azamara Journey Review

Editor Rating
45 Awards

Azamara exceeded all our expectations.

Review for Azamara Journey to Asia
wangeling gal
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2013
Cabin: Club Veranda Stateroom

This was our first cruise on Azamara, and only our second cruise ever. The first was on the Virgo out of Singapore several years ago. We chose the Spice Route cruise because of the itinerary, as it was always a dream to visit India. This seemed a good way to combine a relaxing holiday, with that dream. We knew nothing about Azamara,just the basics ( I jokingly said it could of been a canoe - it was all about the destination) but after booking I started to look into what and who we were sailing with. I discovered CC and was really impressed with the wonderful reviews, and even more impressed with the loyalty that Azamara had among previous cruisers.I figured I might of stumbled onto something pretty good, and this increased our sense of excitement in the lead up to the cruise.

Our embarkation in Singapore was a dream. No waiting and friendly, helpful people to greet us. Before we actually boarded we had our drink packages sorted

(this was somethng that had concerned me before the cruise, as I couldn't get any clear information about them)and the lovely glass of bubbles was handed to us upon arrival on board. While waiting to go to our cabins, we wandered around and had a bite to eat. We were in our cabin in next to no time with both our bags already there. Emmanual, our steward, soon came to introduce himself and make sure everything was ok and point out all we needed to know. A really nice guy, and though we didn't need him much throughout the cruise, he was always there when we did.

Club Veranda Stateroom