3. Freedom of the Seas
This was my second cruise and 2nd time on the Freedom of the Seas. Many say the Cruise Director can make or break the week, and Richard Spacey brought the house down with his zany entertainment. His constant side kick Jamie Fenterin (and future Cruise Director in training) played off each other like Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin. Spacey is extremely talented and Fenterin was a singer in London's West End before taking on Cruise entertainment. I must compliment my Stateroom Attendant Ethel. We had three mechanical issues with our stateroom. The first was a sink stopper that was disconnected. I left a sticky note for Ethel and it was fixed by the time we came back from Dinner. The next day the toilet clogged. We didn't even have to leave a note, Ethel had already called maintenance (and elevated it to her supervisor when the job was done by the time we came back from dinner). The third was light that was flickering in the bathroom. Again Ethel was all over this. I do have two issues with Royal Caribbean that I must report. First was the Meet and Mingle get together was held the 1st day at sea. That is too soon. We had 96 people signed up for the meet and Mingle and only 30 showed up. We did have an informal get together at 2:30 on the day of departure. I know we were in ports for four straight days, but having it at 10:30 the morning after the first big night onboard just doesn't work. My second issue happened at lunch in Labadee the RC manufactured port. We were looking forward to the barbecue lunch of ribs and chicken. The ribs were short ribs and when I get to the tray in the line, there is nothing but bones left. I also notice a woman in scooter unable to navigate the handicap ramp into the shaded picnic area. RC had placed a picnic table in the way and there was no way to navigate around it. We did My Time dinning and kept to the early time period because we liked our Waiter and Asst Waiter so much. We were able to get a table in their area every night. All in all this was a terrific trip to the Western Caribbean and I would highly recommend the Freedom of the Seas to all thinking of cruising.

A Great Anniversary Cruise

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by packy001

packy001’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

• Falmouth
    Again a port made for Royal Carribean. They have a gated community with vendors that must pay RC for there locations inside the gated community. We chose a local cab over the boat excursions. We paid more for the privacy and exclusivity of the cab and driver who were on our beck and call for 5.5 hours. We saw parts of the Island that the average tourist doesn't get to see. We felt safe because of our driver. We saw an incredible view of Montego Bay and the Richmond Guset House. We stopped at a local souvenir shop and were not pressured or rushed at all. Final stop was a local eatery for barbecued Jerk Chicken ... it was delicious. Back to the gated community and a stop at Margaritaville for a margarita ... delicious.
    View All 1,150 Falmouth Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Falmouth Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman
    Nicest port we visited. We had planned to stop and look at jewelry. My wife picked out a lovely Tanzinite and diamond ring. With that we got a free gift of tanzinite earings because we were on the Freedom, as well as a tanzinite necklace. I believe there was also a discount for being on the Freedom of the Seas. The next stop was for T-shirts and souvenirs. I couldn't believe we got things so fast. We had a enough time to take tour in a A/C bus. It was only $10 each. Great value!
    View All 2,848 Grand Cayman Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman Cruise Port Review
  • Labadee
    This is Royal Carribean's exclusive port. You don't get to see any on Haiti. They control everything at this port. If you like Zip Lining this is the place for you. Barbecue lunch was just OK.
    View All 1,457 Labadee Cruise Port Reviews