• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Celebrity Century Review

Editor Rating
23 Awards

A great cruise experience on the Century

Review for Celebrity Century to Alaska
russell jack
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2013
Cabin:

Following the previous review of our Northern Lights cruise on the MS Boudicca Complete with norovirus as widely reported in the British press. My wife and I returned to Celebrity for a back to back cruise on the Celebrity Century taking in a Pacific coast wine cruise followed on with a cruise to Alaska.

Normally I would start my review with the embarkation process,but as this trip included BA flights from Heathrow to Vegas,and there were significant issues, I felt I should start this review from the very beginning.

For the first time we departed from BA's Terminal 5, and to our horror we discovered there was no executive lounge available to anyone other than BA Frequent Flyers of Silver Level and above. I don't know what percentage of passengers departing Terminal 5 are frequent flyers of that level with BA, but I'm willing to bet there are a significant number who at not. Added to this lack of executive lounge facility, we could not find any access to wi-fi. We have been fortunate enough to travel all over the world, and this is the only terminal in which we have ever encountered this problem.

4071 noisiest cabin we have ever had - mid-ship but under the galley. Ended up on deck 9 much quieter

Port Reviews

Juneau

great place to walk around - try the Red Dog Saloon, for a pub/restaurant with a great atmosphere

previous reviewnext review