Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by KR.CRUISER
- Sail Date: May 2013
- Destination: Bermuda
- Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
We enjoyed 4 shows/entertainment.
-The Fat Cats Jazz Club featuring Slam Allen was awesome! Totally go see for yourself how talented this guy is! Don't miss having a drink there!!
- Rock of ages - loved it and worth seeing for sure!
- Magician was entertaining
- Cirque show - TIP: do not pay for premium seats unless you plan to arrive an hour prior to stand in line and maybe sit up front. We came 30 minutes prior with already over 60+ people in line and we sat far back and paid for premium. The food was ok. The show was great from the 50% I could see. I let them know of my experience and they did care about my feed-back.
- Sport deck rope course was pretty neat and if you are a little athletic and adventurous definitely do it!
- Julie cruise director was great
-Loved the martini bar and bartenders
-mini suite- 9228 center ship, above Fat Cats Jazz club (not a very quiet balcony at night) - not at all worth the $$$ the smallest I have ever been in. In my opinion the only difference between balcony and mini suite was a larger sink and double shower(with really cool shower head). The room is rather boring and the balcony the smallest on any ship I can remember. The "mini suite" had only shower gel and shampoo. No lotion or even conditioner!!! Lame. TIP: So unless you need a larger shower save your $$ for drinks and get a balcony. Plus bring your own lotion and conditioner!!!
-Service @ sit down restaurants 70% great, 30% slow - could be kitchens fault? not enough staff?? the staff never stood still and always tried to accommodate but I think they have some work to do in communicating? Some dinners we had with the 4 of us were over 2+ hours!
-spa package for use the week of the cruise, was pricey for me $338 total for 2. It smelled so nice/eucalyptus when they gave us a tour. Never smelled like that again. It was hot and stuffy with very poor ventilation. Still it sold out the first day?
-walking/running track stunk. It was in an awful spot. We really missed having a deck that we could peacefully walk all the way around the entire ship. We also really missed that deck with beautiful teak chairs that you can lay out on and read or rest.
BERMUDA: Beautiful safe island with gorgeous beaches. Ferry and bus can take you anywhere. Many private quiet beaches, but if you need food and bathroom. Go to Horseshoe bay 30 min bus ride from port or take ferry (40 MIN). to ST. George and go to Tobacco bay (20 min walk). TIP: When we first arrived we hired a cab for a 2 hour tour for the 4 of us. The driver was great and showed us a lot with plenty of stories! 40$ per hour.
**Vacation any time, any where no matter the room or ship is a good time!! ;) Its what you make of it and cruises will have happy guests and guests that will always find things to complain about. We paid $3500.00 total and had just as good of a cruise on another ship/line for $1200.00.