• Newsletter

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2013
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

Booked in to a Best Western in Galveston and did not get a wink of sleep because of the room next door. This was my first time to have an interior room but ended up loving it. Very quiet and dark, which I like for sleeping, but the only draw back is waking up and wondering is it am or pm. I loved the days at sea. All the people on board were around my age. Unfortunately I ate most of my meals in the windjammer. The food was not that good, and any food that was fried was way to greasy. The breakfast at the main dining room was very good and dinners in the dinning room were OK. I went to one evening performance of the 3 tenors and thought it was very good. Most of the evening acts were singing and dance numbers which I did not go see. The service was good, not exceptional. My favorite part of this trip were the days at sea and the ports were wonderful. I loved Funchal, Portugal and Barcelona, Spain the best. Because I had such a good time have already booked a return transatlantic for the Fall. Almost identical ports. Disembarkation went very smoothly, no problems. Stayed a day in Barcelona before heading back home. Stayed at Hotel Continental Palacete which was a nice place and right on Las Ramblas. Great for walking. If you like to relax on your vacations and love to read, this is the kind of cruise you want to take. Another plus is we were the only ship docked at each port.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin N

Very quiet, close to Library and computer rooms a plus. close to restaurants. Just the right size for one person but I wouldn't want to be sharing the space with another person. Shower was very small.

previous reviewnext review