3. Celebrity Eclipse
Just returned from a week in the Norwegian Fjords on board the Celebrity Eclipse . This was our seventh cruise having previously done all the usual cruise lines P&O ,NCL, Royal Caribbean & Princess so we decided to try Celebrity for a change . Embarkation straightforward with no problems whatsoever . Rooms were probably the best we have been in especially the bathroom which was bigger than usual .Loads of storage space in all parts of room ,very modern feel to it and quite spacious . Food was ok ,no better or worse than any of the other ships we've been on .Was expecting better but never had a bad meal. Didn't try the speciality restaurants as some were 45 dollars per person extra so didn't think it was worth it Bars were again ok but nothing special .Expect to pay more in the martini bar for the privilege of the ice bar. Entertainment was average ,comedy magician Neil Austin being my favourite and the a capello band being my wife's . Shows were pretty much the same as you see on all cruises .Didn't like cruise director Sue Denning ,thought she would be more suited to Solano hotel in Benidorm .Always say it but Joff Eaton on RCI best cruise director. Camp pianist in sky lounge was terrible although some people will disagree . Ports of call were good , Flam being the highlight .Would recommend the Flam railway trip . Average age on ship was at least 55/60 so would not recommend it for people below forty and especially with kids as there is nothing for them to do . I would say this ship is more for the seasoned cruisers and not for the first time cruisers as most people we spoke to had done quite a few. So overall yes enjoyed the cruise and the ship but just expected that little bit more .For me Independance of the Seas is still my favourite ship .

Norwegian fjords

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Ranter

Embarkation straightforward with no problems whatsoever .
Ranter’s Full Rating Summary