3. Celebrity Silhouette
This was my 8th cruise, but 1st cruise that wasn't a carnival cruise. I thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed, quieter change of pace. At 48, I was beginning to get tired of the Carnival party crowd. Celebrity Silhouette was definitely more elegant, more mature, and more peaceful than any Carnival cruise I had been on. The cabins seemed bigger also.I thought of this as the middle of the road. More maturer than Carnival, but not the retired age group I had heard travelled on Holland America. While there was people of all ages, a few with children, the majority of people ranged from 40 to 65.(my guess). It really seemed more elegant and better service. While they of course wanted you to spend your money on board like every other cruise ship, there was far less badgering for you to spend your money. I find the Carnival cruises are way to pushy and non stop pressure for you to buy something or sign up for something. The one show I went to see,was more of the magic and circus variety and was amazing. But, the comedy shows can't come close to those on Carnival. I was disappointed in that. They had the same comedians, doing the same shows all week. I am so used to the comedy on Carnival, that I was a little disappointed. They also don't have a 24 pizza place on the Silhouette, which they do on Carnival. The embarkation & disembarkation, was so smooth and fast, I couldn't believe it. Over all, I would definitely recommend this ship and Celebrity for a nice relaxing cruise. Where you are treated excellent, food is great. I think I found a new cruise line.

New experience

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by tallone16

tallone16’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Ocean View
Excellent cabin. Very spacious.
Plaza Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins