3. Norwegian Jade
I have never been on a cruise and so it was all new to us. We had a really enjoyable time and felt that the Norwegian company did a good job and their workers could not be faulted. The service in the restaurants and bars was always faultless.The Jade seemed to be a good size. A Goldilocks ship - not too big or too small.We bought a wine package and then tended to eat in the 2 free restaurants. The service here and the quality of the meals were of a high standard. The cabin was small but functional and the bathroom worked well. It was always spotless and I felt the towels were extra fluffy. The only complaint I had was that there was no supply of water in the cabins and they were constantly trying to get people to buy $5.00 bottles of water. Come on. I dont mind paying for drinks but water should be standard in cabins. It was possible to order jugs of water but there seemed to be a reluctance to provide this. On the plus side there was a constant supply of ice in an icebucket. I also felt that there could have been more on the cabin TV. Activities on the ship were a little limited. On sea days there was not too much happening and I felt that there should have been, maybe, a cinema going constantly and maybe some lectures or info sessions. I did attend an art lecture that was very informative and entertaining. The shows at night were entertaining and Somone, the cruise director, was always funny and did a great job. All in all, a great time. The shore visits were very enjoyable with Alanya and Jerusalem probably the highlights. If I had any criticism it would be the "nickle and dime" attitude to some aspects such as the mandatory tip applied to all drinks, the water bottle sales, and the outrageous cost of the internet. We bought a 4 hour package for $100 and it was so slow it was like going back in time 10 years. In conclusion, I am pretty sure we will go on another cruise and would definitely consider going with Norwegian. They did a good job.

April

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by colahman

colahman’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 13 to 15

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OB 5088
This cabin was in an excellent location in that it was in the middle of the ship and near the middle lifts and stairs. Also useful for leaving the ship.

Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins