3. Carnival Valor
Lots of our friends thought we were crazy booking this cruise after all the problems Carnival was having with its ships but we didn't let that sway our decision and I'm glad we went. We thought the atmosphere was great and unlike some of the reviews we did not find the ship decor tacky at all. There were just as many if not more of an older crowd than younger as suggested on the reviews, I did not find it to be a raging party crowd at all as some suggested on here. We found the food to be ok, we never ate at the main buffet, it looked to be average at best, The pizza & sandwhich shop were good as well as the Steak house. Nightly dinning was okay. Being we had 6 ports of call we didn't really spend a lot of time on the ship. There were 3 of us in a balcony cabin and we had plenty of room, my only complaint about the room was there was only 1 electrical outlet but we made it fine (just bring a connector with extra outlets on it, that will solve the problem). I do agree with some of the reviews about the shows, they were tacky! We did the cheers program with the soda card as well at a total price of $345.75 this was my only regret because unless you are a heavy drinker it's a waste. I could have saved myself at least $150.00 without it. I guess my biggest complaint was there was smoking allowed pretty much every where and boy did the smokers take advantage. For a nonsmoker this is a huge concern, so much so I became ill after only 1 day on the ship. I found it odd that on the last day of the cruise only one side of the casino was closed to smoking, it should have been that way all week because that way the non smokers could have been able pass through on their way to the dinning room smoke free. We all smelled like a walking cigarette the whole week! I have never noticed it to be that bad on other cruises I have taken, so please Carnival you should really have smoking rooms available to those who wish to kill themselves with cigarettes & cigars and let the rest of us enjoy a smoke free atmosphere!

Carnival Valor

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Hog fan

Hog fan’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 8374
Plenty of room for 3 adult women, bring an connector with extra oulets because there is only one outlet in the cabin. It was kept for clean our entire stay!
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins