3. Enchantment of the Seas
Flight to Baltimore was good on AA. Stayed at Admiral Fell Inn. Nice stay and much to do. Spent Saturday, prior to the cruise, in D.C. on a guided tour. Had a good time. Spent Easter in Inner Harbour. Embarkation: The worse we ever had. Spent over 2.5 hours in line to go through security. Brought 2 botlles of wine and was told that wine was not allowed. When we said yes it was now, we were asked who told us so. We replied RCCL and the sign the gentleman was leaning on. Getting checked in was a breeze and got to our cabin right when they were released. Public rooms: Even though she was recently "upgraded" we were not impressed. Very dark. The dark red carpet not appealing. Not impressed by the artwork. Husband and I thought she was the uglist ship we had been on. The Centrum is beautiful but waiting for someone to slip and be injured on the stairs since the are marble and hard to see where 1 stair ended and another 1 started. Too much was planned at the Centrum. Viking Crown underutilized during the day. Many activites could have been held there due to space but instead held in small bars. Cabin: We were in an aft JS. Nicer than expected. Balcony was nice but closet smaller than excepted. Still no real complaints. Unfortunately had the worse steward we have ever had. Kept asking for little things; i.e. ice and a sharp container. I had notified Special Needs that I would need a sharps container. I take shots on Friday and finally got one on Thursday night. I reminded him daily. We finally got a plactic "bowl" of ice each night, but it was half melted by the time we got back to the cabin. The safe did not work so maintance had to come fix it. On the second night (formal) the tub backed up and we had sewage in the bathroom, so we missed formal night. Toilet would not flush 2-3x on the trip. Maintance got to know us. Dining: As usual we ask for a small table and end up with the largest table in the dining room. Luckily we had the best table mates on any of our cruises. Services was wonderful. The menu was so-so. Ate off the ""classic" menu about half of the time. Husband spurged and got the Chops steak and Turf n Surf. He said they were outstanding. Windjammer not very good. Very limited vegetables. Park Cafe was good. Entertainment: Pretty good. Shine, the country western band, was very good. Was surprised that the RCC dancers did only 2 shows. Serivce: I had heard the the crew was very friendly and helpful. We found this not to be really true. Sudesh the bartender at the R bar was the one that we rely on ther most. I don't know if the crew was sad that they were leaving Baltimore but saw few smiles. Excursions: For the most part very very good. We booked a cabana in Labadee and it was the best thing we did. Very relaxing. We had booked a rainforest trip to the waterfall in San Juan but it was cancelled. When we went to change they did not tell us that there were still other excursions to the rainforest. Also, I had booked to go to the Virgin Baths. My ticket stated to meet on the pier at 0800 to leave at 0815. I got there at 0755 and they were leaving. Half of the tickets said to meet at 0730 to leave at 0745 and half were like mine. No explaination or apology given for miss understanding or misprint. I enjoyed the Baths very much. Husband is a diver and thought the dives were very good and ran very well. Debarkation: We were off fairly early but could not get our luggage. They unload the luggage by number and you have to wait till it was completely unloaded. We could not get a porter becasue the ones that unload the luaggage are also the porters. Overall Impressions" This was a "geriatric" cruise, median age was between 70-75. Ambulance was at each pier and even Baltimore upon arriving. Activities were geared to older group. Found out you don't get in the way of trivia.The ship needs repairs. On deck 10, we noticed the wood railing were apart for the metal beams that should hold it together, some places up to 2-3 inches seperation. The propelers on some of the life boats were so rusted that I don't see how they would be able to turn if needed. we did meet some nice people and if though this sounds like a gripe fest, we enjoyed our time. Needed to get away and just relax, which we did.

Not so good