3. Freedom of the Seas
Just returned from 7 Nights Western Carribean on Freedom of the Seas which we had planned as a relaxing end of a busy USA holiday. I hadnt really planned for the cruise as I just thought it would take care of itself and be very relaxing which it was but with hindsight we could have been more prepared. Embarkation was easy and first impressions were good, the ship was clean as was our balcony cabin on the sixth floor. We come from Sydney and had our 16yrs old son with us . We were pretty overwhelmed with the amount of people and it did feel pretty crowded on that first day but we got use it pretty quickly. We enjoyed our week, the food was good quality and varied enough but not fantastic. We bought the soda package for our son but nothing for us and we glad we didn't as don't think we could have drunk enough to warrant it, but were pleasantly surprised at the price of drinks very reasonable. We used the gym quite a lot and took the stairs all the time so didn't gain any weight , we bought coffee most days from the promenade which was great but didn't use any of the other shops. We ate in Johnny Rockets once which was fabulous and also in Portofino which I thought had a limited menu. Our Balcony room was great with a comfy bed. I didn't use the spa, only the hairdresser , we didn't go to any shows. We did MTD but usually went at the same time every night and found the service excellent. Our son didnt attend the teens program so cant rate that. Overall it was a lovely relaxing cruise and we would definately cruise again with RCCL.

Relaxing cruise on Freedom