• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2013
Cabin: Cloud 9 Spa Balcony
Traveled with children

Ok before i write this review, I am 50 y/o i am a chef and i work in sales. I traveled with my son who is 18. First embarktion was a breeze got there at 10:30 and was on the Ship by 11:45. First impressions of the ship was very Art Decoish, not my cup of tea, but thats the least of this ships problems.. Was able to get in and to my cabin by 1:30 (which isnt bad). nice cabins roomy plenty of storage and clean, the windows of the balcony needed to be cleaned but hey the sun was able to come through. had lunch on the lido deck (the only place you can eat on embark day, was edible, long lines and food is luke warm at best. The long lines are a common place on this ship as it is very narrow from port to starboard side and few places that actually serve the brunch. First night my son and I went to the steak house.. I highly recommend this if you enjoy a great meal. service was top notch, food was awesome (Best meals on the ship). The 2nd night is formal night this is where the problems started for this cruise. Met up with some people and we hit it off. was promised a table for 16, when we got there no table and they split us up over 4 tables, 2 were close 2 werent. Food was not even marginal at best and service took for ever to get organized. Complained to Guest service took 2 days for director of dining to contact us. and when they did make sure that the next formal night was better, they got the seating arrangements better but food was horrendous and service was again marginal. Ate at Lido deck often as i just could not eat at the main dining room. Pizza and grill stations were a better option. Sushi and sandwich area also a much better option. Ate at the steak house on last night again Kudos to the staff and chef at the Pinnacle..

Entertainment was pathetic and childish, enough said.

Activities were boring as all hell often changed or canceled. NO ENERGY ON THIS SHIP

Cloud 9 Spa Balcony