Celebrity 2013: Signs they are Cutting Corners...: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by stlmom
Overall Member Rating
Celebrity 2013: Signs they are Cutting Corners...
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
1) No champagne when boarding...BIG mistake. Really set the wrong tone for our first day. They subsequently gave champaign at the sailaway but by then it was too late. I was annoyed.
2) Luggage did not arrive at room until 5 minutes prior to dinner service. We had to dress three children and ourselves and then scramble to dinner. Stressed me out and made me frustrated at dinner.
3) Dinner table was the worst we've ever experienced. They tried to squeeze our fiver person family at a 4 person table...by the kitchen entrance. The senior officer in the dining room tried to make it better by converting it to a More round by the 4th night but only after practically being in tears about it.
4) Server at dinner was vry nice but inexperienced. He forgot things we ordered, repeatedly brought out 4 dishes and then left one person waiting for the fifth dish.
5) Minimial higher cost food products: smaller shrimp, no crab louis, signifantly fewer tartars and carpaccio dishes that we had enjoyed in the past. More chicken and beef and we noticed.
6) Cruise director was also a singer - at first this was cool but after several "performances" I felt like I was missing out on either my cuise director or another performer. Didn't love the double dip.
7) The sheets were scratchy. This is a bug deal and somehting I have never experienced before on celebrity.
I want to love this cruise line again so I hope they take note and make some ENHANCEMENTS going forward. Less
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Silhouette Review >>
Carnival; never again
Very fun and comfortable
Timeshare Presentation Cruise
Great vacation on the Adriatic...
Great itinerary, short stays