3. Carnival Valor
Having been on many cruises, we were ready to experience yet another great trip. My son and I met other relatives--plus a larger group of people we had contacted prior to the cruise. We never lacked for anything to do--both on and off the ship. I usually enjoy more sea days--however there were definitely some positive points in having new ports to visit. Our favorite shore excursion was not booked through Carnival--but many positive reviews were seen so we decided to go with the "Cosol tour" in St. Lucia. Best tour for the buck--quoted price was $65 for 5.5-6 hrs. Ended up being over 7hrs--and our tour guide was "Yellow Bird"--the brother of the owner of Cosol tours. He was the best! We saw so much--banana plantation, the Pitons, opportunity to snorkel/swim, mudbaths, waterfall, AND great native foods were included! Comparing this tour to what was offered by Carnival--we were given more than what at least 2 of their tours gave. I did enjoy the Train ride and Catamaran on St. Kitts--sponsored by Carnival--you were able to see the entire island and then relax on the boat--with rum punch (of course) and lunch! Very friendly atmosphere. The food was good--never have had a problem with that on Carnival. We didn't do the Chef's Table on this cruise--but would definitely recommend it for something to try--cost is $75--but you have your own private chef and try many dishes specially prepared by him.

Carnival Valor April 2013