• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

dsteveoceanview1
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2013
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony

My husband and I, along with another couple, just returned from the New York to Bahamas cruise on NCL. This was our 5th cruise on NCL and our 2nd to the Bahamas.

Overall, I thought the cruise was very nice and relaxing. Contrary to many of the reviews I have read, we thought the food was very good considering the price of the cruise. The only specialty restaurant we visited was the steak house, Cagneys. Although the service and food were very good, I do not understand why people pay $25 a person to eat at the specialty restaurants. We ate most nights at Tsar's, and I thought the food and service were both extremely good. Having been on this cruise before, however, I do believe the week we chose this time was a lot less crowded than the last time. We never once waited for a seat in the main dining rooms.

When we were in the Bahamas, we took the bus to the Sheraton/Wyndham hotels to use their beach and facilities. We all enjoyed the day and thought that was a good choice. The last time we took this same cruise, we chose the excursion to the Lagoon. I think if you have children, the Lagoon is a much better spot, but if not, the bus or a cab to the hotels and purchasing a day pass for use of their facilities is a much better option.

Mid-Ship Balcony

Cabin BA

cabin was an excellent location on Deck 10 -- close to elevators and other important venues.

1 Helpful Vote