3. Norwegian Dawn
Embarkation: took the Hotel (Holiday Inn Express on N. Dale Mabry) to the Port. Nice driver & took approx 15 minutes....check-in process was OK....had a wedding party (60+ people) & once inside (in line) seemed like TSA didn't know what to do....lengthy wait there, w/no explanations! Once on-board, headed to deck 12....rooms were announced fairly quickly & enjoyed a beer (or 3) while waiting. Luggage was "there" several hours later & unpacked. Wore beads back on Deck 12 & met several other CCer's.....filmed sailing under the bridge, then changed for dinner....had 22 of us in the Venetian for the Surf & Turf....wonderful dinner! Monday morning, had the Meet & Greet in the Star Bar....had approx 50 people & had a good time....11 officers showed up, which was the most we've seen! Ate at the Italian restaurant that night....never again! Service was great, but the food was barely adequate (if we were in a good mood!) Not good to say that the highlight was the bread & olive oil! We won't do that again! Tuesday went to Tabayana Beach.....wonderful excursion! Several other CC members joined us & all had a wonderful time....snorkling was fantastic! Thanx to Master Baker & several others who recommended it. Would do it again! Wednesday was Belize....I accompanied my wife on the Tender & spent my time in the bar near disembarkation, while she shopped! Went to the French restaurant that night (Le Bistro) & LOVED it! Great food & service! Thursday was Costa Maya....unless u have an excursion booked, or REALLY want some overpriced "stuff," I'd stay on the ship, like I did! (my personal opinion!) Friday was Cozumel (our 6th trip there!) Wife went shopping! (enough said!) Saturday was probably the worst weather day we had....cloudy, rain, & much cooler. Went to Cagney's Steakhouse that night...disappointed in the menu change, plus steak was NOT as good as on previous trips. Disembarkation was horrible! NCL needs to check w/Disney & "get it right!" We were 1/2 through the line before ANY NCL ee told folks what was going on/needed to happen.....had lots of people who had NO idea what they were supposed to do (& no one was available to tell them!) We got a Porter & a taxi back to the hotel ($25) & were on the road by 10:30. All in all, would rate it as a 5/6 on a scale of 10....almost all crew members were wonderful.....lot of new ones coming on at the last couple of ports.....activities on board were WAY down, especially on Port days, which was VERY annoying for those of us that stayed aboard. Just because Carnival is "down" now shouldn't mean that NCL should "short" those of us who like them!

NCL Dawn from Tampa on 4/14/13

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by wajowander2011

Friday was Cozumel (our 6th trip there!) Wife went shopping! (enough said!)

wajowander2011’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB 9671
cabin & steward were good.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins