3. Radiance of the Seas
Read my closely paragraph first! 'It sounds like I have had a fair whinge, and yes I probably have on reflection, but it wasn't all that bad, it just wasn't as lively and entertaining as other cruises. In spite of the often bad publicity surrounding Carnival Cruise Lines, we have found their cruises to be far better for our age group.' Overall we had a great holiday and it's hard to beat a cruise package for convenience, variety and value. We're a family with two teenage children and the first thing we noticed when stepping on board was the disproportionally large number of over 60's compared to previous cruises. The indoor pool looks great, but unless you have grey hair, you'll be out of place here. The outdoor pool area is typical of most ships, however once the sun goes down, it's pretty much a ghost town in these areas, which I think is somewhat reflective of the older crowd. Similarly, the inside venues tend to be more sedate when compared to previous cruises. The night shows were just ok, again probably geared more for an older crowd. They had a hypnotist show twice and it was fantastic! The teenage kids club isn't as well organised as other cruises, but our kids were able to hook up with other kids and mostly did their own thing throughout the cruises duration. Food was as expected, however I would rate the buffet quality below that of others, it was pretty much the same stuff each day with subtle variations, ie beef stew, beef burgundy, beef curry etc! By the end of it, we were over it.

More sedate than expected

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by David_Salv

Read my closely paragraph first!

David_Salv’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+

Interior Stateroom
Cabin M
The cabins are as expected, clean, comfortable and slightly larger than some other ships we have been on! having said that, we only use the cabin for sleeping pretty much.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins