3. Norwegian Dawn
Food was shocking. Tasteless and boring. Service in the Garden was bad with employees talking among themselves. The cruise director was irritating and love the sound of his own voice on the PA system. The shore excursion director Jenni was only concerned in getting you into shops and told nothing of attractions in shore destinations. Her briefing in the Stardust was as though she were addressing children. This was the worst I have experienced in 30 years of cruising. The crew were sullen and unfriendly. The Captain was rarely seen and hardly gave a smile unless you paid an exorbitant sum to be photographed with him. The shore excursions were a giant rip off. Overpriced and boring. I went on an excursion to see the Titanic history. Most of the time the guide blabbered about other events and when I asked to see the Jewish graves, he said the cemetery was closed. When we drove past, the gates were wide open. We were dumped into the museum and no guide provided to give us some orientation except to tell us where the gift shop was. The shore excursions were designed to get passengers in and out of as many tourist traps as possible. The restaurants suggested by Jenni were of poor quality and overpriced. I will never ever sail on NCL again. The Star to Alaska was stellar. This was a piaster.

Norwegian Dawn - USA

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Barry B.

• Sail Date: October 2006
  • Destination: Nowhere
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
The crew were sullen and unfriendly.
Barry B.’s Full Rating Summary