3. Carnival Dream
A friend and I sailed on the Dream from Port Canaveral on April 6. It was our first cruise and my first time to the Eastern Caribbean. OK, to start at the beginning...embarkation was pretty smooth. I had been given some great advice from a friend who said go to the ship early. We arrived at the port at about 11:15 and it took about 45 minutes to get checked in and on board. As expected, our room was not ready, but fortunately, we were able to stop in and drop our belongings. Next, our cabin...since the ship is really a floating hotel, I care about a clean room and a comfortable bed. We had both in our main deck cabin. We had one of the lowest priced cabins on ship, with two twin beds on deck two. I felt like we had plenty of room. There were three closets and ample space to store two ladies worth of stuff. For dining, I chose the your time dining and was very happy. We had shared tables each night and really enjoyed getting to know the other passengers. The food was good, but not great. I am a little picky, but overall just don't care that much about food. There was a wait for dinner on formal night. We received a pager just like you would get at a restaurant on shore and were seated in about 20 min. We never ate any buffet, appreciated room service breakfast, and enjoyed the Deli and Pizza bar. We enjoyed the stage shows and the comedians. My greatest disappointment was the lack of contemporary music in the evening. Only one entertainer on the whole ship performed any song from the last 20 years. Even the dance club played nothing but 60's, 70's and 80's before 11. Poolside tunes and late nite deck parties were the only relief from really tired tunes. The piano bar was nothing short of horrible. I agree with others that the Wave pool area is too small and very crowded. We just moved up a deck or two and relaxed there. I was able to secure a deck chair with umbrella on a sea day. I got the last one at about 8 am, in the rain! Liked the music and the energy at the pool. Debarkation was very, very smooth. It took about 15 minutes. We booked our return shuttle through Carnival and although it may have been slightly more expensive than a private booking, it was worth it. The bus was right at the curb as we got off the ship. Overall, we enjoyed the ship and would both cruise again.

First Time Cruiser on Carnival Dream

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by CruisinGirl722

Overall, we enjoyed the ship and would both cruise again.
CruisinGirl722’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Interior
Cabin 4D
Plenty of room for us on Main Deck.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins