3. Celebrity Silhouette
I'm a 63 YO male Customer Service Director and my GF is 50 YO, I've been on 10+ cruises and this cruise was her 2nd. I'll just make a few comments and hopefully influence at least one of you to avoid a few things. The cabin we used (9153) was one of the nicest I've ever seen on a cruise ship. Nyoman (from Indonesia) was our stateroom attendant and was the best I've ever had. Very nice gentlemen who worked his butt off for us. (BTW, the gratuities were included with the booking charges I paid to Celebrity but I suspect his cut was most likely pretty small after all the other palms above his pay grade have been greased), so we gave him something on our own. The guy deserved it. My real beef (so to speak) was the specialty restaurants packages. I bought the 5 specialty restaurant package and was told by my Celebrity booking agent that the first night dinner will be at the Tuscan Grill at 6:30 PM. I was told that when I arrived onboard to seek the Maitre d and schedule the rest of the dinners. We were allowed on the ship about 12:30 and I found the specialty dinner gentleman at a folding table about 1:30 to schedule. Guess what, all they had were 4 reservations for 6:00 and one for 6:30. I told the guy that's ridiculous and way too early for dinner and asked for my money back but I was told there are no refunds and I have to take the times and restaurants they assign. I suppose I could have greased his palm and got the times I wanted (at least one or two nights) but I'm not going to do that. My lesson is to never purchase this so called specialty restaurant package again and I advise you not to either. Our first dinner was not at the Tuscan Grill but at the Lawn Club Grill. One other comment is my GF's birthday (pre scheduled special event) fell through the cracks somehow and nothing happened for her. My GF is a FB addict so I bought an onboard 208 minute internet package for $99.95 (that's $.48 per minute folks). WI-FI works OK in the stateroom but the connection speed is almost dial-up slow (I suppose it's like that so Celebrity can make money). The ship is really nice and we did have a great time but next time I cruise with Celebrity I'll avoid all this ala carte crap and just eat in the Cuvee (main) dining room and leave the ipad at home.

Avoid the ala carte

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by slick72

slick72’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1B 9153
Nice bathroom and shower with this class of ship. Bed was very nice and balcony was great.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins