Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by mwarzecha
- Sail Date: March 2013
- Destination: Western Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Grand Suite
Navigator is beautiful. Yes, she's due for some upgrades, but that doesn't mean she's not a beautiful ship. They see 3000 people every week, so she's bound to have some wear. Loved the decor - beautiful opera & dance art work!
- We had the 5 bottle wine package and free drinks in the concierge lounge from 5-8:30. Because of that we only spent a total of about $250 on alcohol over 7 nights. As in the past, most cocktails were priced between $6.75 and $9. The liquor package would have been a waste for us, based on those factors.
- Solarium rules WERE enforced - it was a LOT more peaceful than last time we cruised
- Windjammer had a crayfish bar going out of NOLA!
- Ricardo Mock is a WONDERFUL concierge. Great cappuccino/coffee machine in the lounge. We've changed to an 8:30 dinner time from now on so we can spend a few hours in the lounge drinking!
- Spa is great, as always. Loved the Couples Massage and the Rasul (1-hour steam room, salt scrub, seaweed wrap, etc.) for couples to do together, unsupervised). BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT RIGHT AWAY. At-sea days fill up instantly.
- Beautiful fitness center - just as nice as the Y at home. Free weights, machines, elliptical, treadmill, space to stretch, etc.
- Chops and Portofinos ARE worth the extra money. The food is delicious, the staff are thoughtful, and it's very romantic and peaceful.
- The Mystery Dinner is fun! Kind of cliche, but cute, good food, and fun camaraderie with the rest of your team.
- We changed an excursion at the last minute - the staff at guest services was more than happy to refund us for the first excursion and book us on a new one.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas Review
We cruised with only 2 people in a Grand Suite. Very clean and spacious. Even with clothes for 7 nights AND Scuba gear for 2 people we still had a lot of drawers we didn't use. I was able to do a kickboxing workout video in the living space! Bed is super-comfortable. Balcony is spacious. We ate breakfast at our balcony table every morning. Great view. Nice and quiet. We read one review of this stateroom indicating that noise from the solarium was an issue but it wasn't for us, and this was a spring break (party) cruise. Beautiful bathroom - good to have a full tub and shower to clean Scuba gear in. Nice to have 2 sinks. GREAT Bose sound system! As a gal with VERY long hair I wish I had remembered to bring my own hairdryer - the one they give you is very basic.
Wonderful suite attendants. Great concierge lounge. Ricardo Mock, the concierge, is fabulous.
Opposite end of the ship from the concierge lounge. One level down from the fitness center and solarium.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
FalmouthPort was new, clean, beautiful. No one hassling you. Fast disembarkation. Easy to find your excursion. Lots of stores, lots of food. You could probably spend a few hours just shopping/window shopping in the port.View All 1,151 Falmouth Cruise Port Reviews
We did the Dreamer Catamaran excursion. This is actually in Montego Bay, not Falmouth, so there was about a 40 minute bus ride. Not a big deal. Many people were on a coach bus, we were in a small van. Driver gave a bit of commentary throughout the ride.
Again, great resort. We didn't spend any time there, but it looked nice. Beautiful catamaran, great staff, amazing snorkeling (about 40 minutes). They had some cheese sandwiches for us. Rum punch was STRONG. Fun atmosphere. They stopped at various times and pulled out a jellyfish, starfish, and other marine life to pass around and show people. If you can, get on the boat first and get a spot in the BACK. There's a bench in the back that seats about 10 people and faces the water. A little more secluded, which is nice as they fill the boat to capacity. Still, it was fun and comfortable.
View Cruise Critic's Falmouth Cruise Port Review