• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2013
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children

We are a family of five with three teenage kids ages 19, 15 and 11 and this was our third spring break cruise in a row. Our previous two cruises were on the Norwegian Star and Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas, so we are gaining a pretty well rounded perspective and experience of what each cruise line has to offer. We enjoyed our previous two cruises and enjoyed this cruise on the Crown Princess as well. Each cruise line has strengths and weaknesses, and my review of the Crown Princess will be from that comparative perspective.

Port of Galveston

Getting to the port of Galveston from the Houston airport was unreasonably expensive and inconvenient. If I relied on the cruise line's own transfer, it would cost $37 per person each way, which for a family of 5 would cost me $370! I spent more time trying to find a cheaper transfer option than I did planning the cruise itself. Other cruisers have had success getting one-way car rentals to/from Galveston using Enterprise but that option was no longer available.

Balcony

Cabin BD

Nice but small room, private balcony, small but efficient bathroom, small shower stall, comfortable bed, large mini fridge, flat screen TV with lots of programs.

previous reviewnext review