3. Adventure of the Seas
I usually take 10-day caribbean cruises, as the longer cruise sometimes weeds out the "rif-raf" and the number of children running around is lower on a longer cruise. But the idea of taking 2 back to back 7 day cruises on the Adventure was worth the risk. I particularly chose these two sailing dates because they were prior to spring breaks, so the ship was not overcome by half the island of Puerto Rico. The ship was in great condition, considering it's over 10 years old. The crew takes great pride in this ship and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about either the ship or the crew. I thought the entertainment was varied, and there was always something to do. I chose the "anytime dining" and was very impressed with the dining room staff - they remembered me after one brief encounter, and always tried to seat me at the same table. Great service and I thought the food was very good. I never ate at any of the restaurants that charge a fee, but I definitely splurged on Ben & Jerry's a few times. For back to back cruisers, they made the process very smooth. I loved that I wasn't rushed out of my room, but slept in and had a very relaxing cross-over day. They gather the back to back cruisers in a common room and walk everyone off together at 10:30, where you then promptly show your passport and turn right around and re-board the ship. Takes 10 minutes and you've got the entire ship to yourself for the day. I would definitely take this ship again as I really enjoyed the varied entertainment options, great ports of call and amazing crew. For a huge ship, it was easy to find intimate spaces and meet people.

Back to Back in the Caribbean