3. Sapphire Princess
Our 7th cruise, first to the California Coast. Last minute itinerary change forced cancellation of shore tours on our first stop in San Francisco, of which we were not informed (we found out on Cruise Critic forum). The first night Main Dining (anytime) had a 45 minute wait at all dining rooms, and when we finally got seated the service was so slow it took us an hour and a half to get through the meal. Food, however, was excellent, and the waitstaff was not at fault. In fact the food was excellent the whole way through, the only negative comment is that the specialty restaurants, while worth the extra $20/per +tip, are not nearly as good as what we experienced on the Celebrity Millenium recently. Since San Fran had been unceremoniously chopped down the first day, we simple walked to "The Waterbar" restaurant next to the Bay Bridge, ate some oysters and watched the light show. The next day we took a private three hour tour (I give it a thumbs up if you've never been to San Fran and have limited time). We did the GG Bridge, GG park, Japanese Tea Garden, ChinaTown, Pacific Heights, Theatre of Fine Arts, Twin Peaks, Haight-Ashbury, and a few others too numerous. LOVED the flexibility of the private tour. Then shopped at Fisherman's wharf, did Coit tower. Back to the ship, the entertainment was sorely missing from previous cruises we had taken, the singers in all the lounges were not as good as the Karaoke contestants (save one, in the "crooners bar", he was OK), the comedians were almost embarrasingly lame, and the dancers were apparently still trying out. The Ship was otherwise fantastic, it's simply beautiful and huge. The decor is very pleasant from deck to deck and lounge to bars to dining rooms. My favorite was the Churchill lounge, where I could enjoy a cigar. But most of all, on the Lido deck was a soft serve ice cream machine, where I found myself passing by unusually often. Waitstaff, servers, stewards, bartenders, were all very nice and accomodating. Bottom line is they need to fix the entertainment and get sommeliers for the premium dining, everything else is in place.

Great Ship, Poor entertainment, Good food

Laughing Duck’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin BE A705
Cabin was fine, steward was fine, no complaints.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins