3. Oasis of the Seas
This was the second time cruising on the Oasis of the Seas in as many years and I was suitably satisfied once again. This time, I travelled with my husband, son, sister-in-law, and parents. We each had a balcony room and couldn't have been more impressed. Embarkation was a breeze, as expected. I am not happy that Royal Caribbean has eliminated sending out the sticky tags before sailing, except for certain bookings. It slowed down the process slightly, but not a big deal. We moved through the process swiftly, and, as warned, were placed in a waiting area because of the slowdown involving customs on the other side. We only had to wait for about thirty minutes, where my son used the children's play area. Once on the ship, it was everything I remembered. It was awesome going with my parents because it was like seeing the ship for the first time. We toured briefly, then went to the Windjammer for lunch. Not a big wait for a table or getting food, so all good. We went to our room by about 2 and luggage was there quickly so we could unpack and get settled. The rooms have tons of space for storing everything. Suitcases went under the bed, lots of room for shoes. We were on the starboard side this time, so not the best view from the balcony until we left, but interesting to watch all the activity on the dock. The shows were great, again. The comedians were funny, which is a good thing. The entertainment in the Viking Crown Lounge was not the best, but other things to choose from, so not a big deal. If there was something I could mention, it is the new soda machines on the Royal Promenade. Maybe if I had been on the port side, I might not have noticed it as much, but being where I was, the machines create problems in regards to flow around the front elevators. I think the decision to place the machines by elevators needs to be rethought. Also, the solicitation for tips was much worse this time than last. This goes for all staff and for excursions. I understand why but it was a little tiring hearing the same spiel for compensation again and again. And, if the staff is going to remove towels and belongings when people leave chairs unattended, then they have to be willing to back it up when the people return. I watched towels get removed, the people return and then just grab their towels and take the now newly occupied chairs back from the new people. A simple, "you will have to find new chairs, yours have been reassigned" would suffice. Adventure Ocean was great for our son. He loved being there. Excellent meals. We also went to Chops Grille and 150 Central Park. Both excellent additions to our trip.

We'll be back!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Kfisher

• Sail Date: March 2013
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Adventure Ocean was great for our son. He loved being there.

Kfisher’s Full Rating Summary