• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Eurodam Review

Editor Rating
9 Awards

I had the time of my life!

Review for Eurodam to the Eastern Caribbean
evansofelmhurst
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2013
Cabin: Neptune Deluxe Veranda Suite
Traveled with children

I can't say enough about how wonderful our trip was! Let me start with the ship. I found it to be the perfect size for us - not too big and not too small. I believe there was around 2,100 passengers with approximately 400 of them children. The ship was spotless and classy in an understated elegance kind of way. No big atrium to gawk at, just a nice 3-story version. I liked the common areas very much, from the lovely Exploration/Crow's Nest in the front of the ship to the lounges, dining rooms, and pools. I especially liked the multi-age pool on the Lido deck in that it had a retractable roof. The roof stayed open the whole trip, but when I felt I had enough sun, I could move my lounge chair under the roof and still enjoy the ocean breezes.

Our room was a suite with a bathroom larger than my one at home! It was absolutely beautiful with a generous veranda and plenty of seating. I miss it already.

The staff was so polite and friendly, I can't think of a single negative experience, they kept everything running so well. The CD, JT Watters, was just right - not too obtrusive, but was easy to spot throughout the ship as he was always involved.

Neptune Deluxe Veranda Suite

Cabin SB

No complaints about our room - it was beautiful. Generous closet space - we couldn't use it all! Big veranda with plenty of seating. Large bathroom with separate vanity area. Very well done!

Port Reviews

San Juan

The ship docked right at Old San Juan, making it so easy for us to check out the sites. Plus we had a long day at port, so we didn't have to rush. We took our time and really enjoyed ourselves. With the ship so close, my parents could head back to the ship without us.

St. Thomas

St. Thomas was a decent island, but I don't feel like I really had time to do more than shop. However, it didn't take long before I got tired of being pestered by shop keepers to come inside their shops.

Half Moon Cay

This island was so beautiful! A well groomed beach with white sand like powdered sugar and clear blue water. What a great place to relax.

The only negative was the local staff. They had poor customer service. We had reserved a "clam shell". Well, there were no signs/no indication of how to retrieve our clam shell. I had to ask no less than 5 people and all I got was a lot of shoulder shrugging.

So, the day started out a bit stressful, but it's hard to stay stressed in a place like Half Moon Cay!

Find an Eurodam Cruise from $79